Our Homeschool Curriculum 2019-2010



Tomorrow we will begin our 2019-2020 homeschool year.  This will be my 8th year homeschooling.  I took a one year break from homeschooling last year, but we are returning back to homeschooling this year.  Ruy will remain in public school while Liam, Alanna, and Jude will be homeschooled. I am SO excited to begin a new homeschool year! 

Taking a year off homeschooling,  having Liam in public school for one year last year,  and Ruy in public school the past two years, was very eye opening for me and allowed me to gain a lot of clarity and vision for what I wanted and what we needed as a family.  But more on that in another post. 

I've had a lot of people asking what curriculum we're using this year so I wanted to share that with you all today. 

Over the years of homeschooling I've used Horizons, Abeka, Bob Jones, and My Father's World but when we decided to homeschool again, I knew I wanted to look for something different. I asked around, did some research, and ultimately fell in love with The Good And The Beautiful.  

I recently joined a homeschool community on Instagram called Wildandfree.co and so many of the mamas I found on there were using The Good And The Beautiful so I looked into it.  I loved the layout, the colors, the pictures, the simplicity of it, and that it was faith based.  There are so many samples on the website as well as videos that go over everything which really helped me be able to decide if I felt this was a good fit for us. 


Liam, Alanna, and Jude will be doing History Year 1 and Science together.  We chose to begin with Space Science since Liam wants to be an astronaut and loves all things related to space.  

Liam will be starting Second Grade.  He will be doing Language 2, Math 2, Handwriting 2 in addition to History and Science. He also got his own Weekly Planner.  I think this will be SO good for him since he thrives off of knowing what's going to happen each day.  


Alanna is starting Kindergarten.  We did about a half a year of K5 last year even though she didn't have to start yet because of how her birthday falls late in the year,  but she wasn't ready for the Math and we took a lot of days off , only completing about half a year.  So we're doing K5 for her this year and I LOVE how this curriculum looks for her.  She's very excited to begin after flipping through all of her books and she can not wait to learn how to read.  This is the Level K Language Set and this is the Level K Math Set.  The math has been out of stock so we haven't been able to order it yet, but am hoping to be able to order it this week. 

I went ahead and purchased the Pre-K pack for Jude.  He's interested in letters, drawing, and learning along side of his siblings so I felt it best to have something special for him.  He was so excited about the little doggy on the front of the book and has been excited to start homeschool like Alanna and Liam.  He wants to be just like them most of the time.  His book includes a daily lesson and then fun games to go with it!  It's all so colorful and cute. 

In addition we purchased the Arts and Crafts book and the Nature Notebook.  We will also be doing daily devotions together, learning bible verses, and have daily read aloud time.  We just started the Narnia series but there are a bunch of wonderful books listed in the curriculum for us to read together that goes along with the History as well as books for Liam to read on his own. 

We do school 4 days a week, leaving one day for a field trip day.  Typically Thursdays are our field trip day.  I'm expecting school to take us about 3-4 hours a day for me to be teaching three children at these ages.  Once we've gotten into a good routine I will do another blog post explaining our schedule and what our daily flow looks like.

I hope that was helpful and please remember if you have any questions or comments to either leave them here on the blog, on the IG or FB post you found this on, or email me!



No comments