MENU MONDAY

This weekend went by so fast.  I was kind of looking forward to my two day break from working out and getting to sleep in a bit but really I should have just gotten up and worked out.  All the kids got up way earlier than they normally do and I was up early both days anyway.  Then I spent the whole day like "I wish I had just worked out."  It's funny how after a month of something it starts to become so routine and your body craves it!  Oh, if you don't follow me on instagram or facebook you may not know that I started working out again.  I need to do a whole post about all of that but since starting to workout, I've had to go to bed earlier and that takes away from my time being able to blog.  I have so very many things I want to blog about but right now it's hard to find time to get it all done. I will try to work on that this week though. 

Our weekend was pretty low key.  Friday night we were at home, Saturday was our normal grocery shopping trip and Sunday was church and then we stayed home the rest of the day.  I ended it pretty exhausted though because the kids were up way more than normal both Friday and Saturday night.  A few good things that happened over the weekend. 
  #1. The weather was really nice. 



 
 
 #2. One of my really good friends bought me this most beautiful headband!!! I love it!

  #3.  I was so happy to go to church.  We had to miss last week because of the snow and I'm always so sad to miss church.  #4. The snow almost completely melted! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!  

Here's my menu:



Saturday:  
Breakfast:  Me: Shake (E)  Kids: Homemade Yogurt with peanut butter
Lunch:  Turkey Pepperoni, cheese, apple slices with 1tsp of peanut butter (E)

Sunday:  
Breakfast:  Me: Chocolate Shake Kids: Cereal
Lunch:  Leftover Chili (E)
Dinner: Scrambled eggs (S)
*I realize this is a super boring dinner but after 2 hours meal prepping and cleaning the kitchen Sunday afternoon, I made a really super easy dinner.

Monday:  
Breakfast:  Apple Crumble with warm almond milk poured on top (E) page 338
Lunch:  Homemade Mac & Cheese, green beans, ham (S)
Dinner:  Spaghetti over zuchini noodles from the THM cookbook page 222

Tuesday: 
Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs with strawberry cottage berry whip(S)
Lunch:  Me: Chef Salad, fruit (S) Kids: Ham & Cheese quesadillas dipped in leftover spaghetti sauce, fruit
Dinner:  Grilled chicken and shrimp fajitas (S)
*I use the spices from the THM cookbook page 53 but instead of using the crock pot, we grilled our met and veggies and OH MY it is amazing!

Wednesday:  
Breakfast:  Giant Blueberry Pancake from the THM cookbook page 261
Lunch:  Greek Salad from the THM cookbook page  183  (S)  Kids:  PB & Jelly, go-gurt,
Dinner:  Sweet Potato Oat Soup from the THM cookbook page 102

Thursday: 
Breakfast:  Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal (Crossover)
Lunch:  Leftover Greek Salad from the THM cook book page 183 (S) Kids:  Mac & Cheese, cinnamon apples.
Dinner:  Baked chicken, baked radishes, green fries from the THM cookbook page 218.
*I'm obsessed with the green fries.  My husband and kids didn't like them baked until they were brown so I cooked them until they were soft and slightly crunchy.  The whole family loves them. 

Friday:
Breakfast:  Protein Muffins from the original THM book page 221 (S)
Lunch:  Sweet Potato Bar from the THM cookbook page 166 (E) Kids:  Leftover grilled chicken & sweet potatoes with cinnamon, butter, and truvia.
Dinner:  Homemade pizza & salad (E)


If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below or you can chat with me on Facebook & Instagram.

2 comments

  1. Are the recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the recipes were from the new cookbook I put the page :)

      Delete