Pumpkin Spice Latte



At the end of August I always start to crave "pumpkin"... "pumpkin anything!"  I love pumpkin roll, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin lattes!!!  You get the picture.  It may or may not be an obsession I have.  But I can not afford to go out and buy pumpkin frappes or pumpkin lattes every day, nor do I want to consume the calories and sugar that are in those drinks on a daily basis.  So, I went searching to find a really good recipe for a homemade pumpkin latte.  I came across this recipe about two weeks ago, and loved it!  I tweaked it just a bit to fit my own tastes.  I've been really happy with this recipe.  The coconut oil and the protein powder fill me up pretty well as a morning snack.  I like to drink this and have a piece or two of Skinny Chocolate!  YUM! 

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients: 

1 Cup Coffee
2 TBSP Pumpkin Puree
1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice 
1 TSP Cinnamon
2 TSP Truvia (or sweetener to taste)
1 TSP Butter
1 - 4 TSP Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
1 TBSP Coconut Oil 
Half & Half  or Heavy Cream *to taste (optional)

I put all the ingredients into my coffee mug and mix it with a spoon, but you could put it all into a blender and mix it that way as well.  I like my coffee really hot so that I have to take small sips, so I heat mine up a bit after mixing it but that is optional depending on how hot you like your coffee.  

If you're following Trim Healthy Mama, this would be an S. 

Enjoy! 



No comments