Homemade Chicken Nuggets {THM-S}



I had planned on waiting to post the recipe for the chicken nuggets until I had a nicer picture to go with it but I've had so many requests for the recipe that I just decided to go ahead and post it.  These taste great whether I have a nice picture to go with the recipe or not.  :)  

This recipe fed my 8 year old, 4 year old, 1 year old, and myself.  We ate homemade banana ice-cream with our nuggets and we were very full.  But if you have more kids or older children or are making these for dinner than you will want to make more.  

Homemade Chicken Nuggets {THM: S}

Ingredients:

-1 large chicken breast 
(my chicken breasts were huge so if you have smaller chicken breasts use two)
-4 tablespoons of butter melter
-About 1/2 cup of golden flaxseed 
(I didn't really measure this.  I just put some in a bowl so add more if you need to.)
-Salt & Pepper
-Coconut Oil

Directions:

Cut chicken up into bite size pieces.  Dip the chicken into the butter and then coat them with the golden flaxseed.  Set aside.  Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.  Once heated, place the chicken nuggets into the oil and add salt and pepper to taste.  Cook nuggets until they are done.  Enjoy with your favorite sauce.  

*These turned out so yummy and we all loved them.  My kids dipped theirs in honey.  I have started using golden flaxseed for a lot of recipes because it's so much cheaper than almond flour.  I get a 3lb bag at Sam's Club for just under $7.  I'm not sure if Costco sells Golden Flaxseed but I'm thinking of switching to Costco so if you shop there and they sell it, please let me know!  

I hope you enjoy these nuggets as much as we do.  The next time I make them I'm going to make Briana Thomas' Frosted Lemonade to go with it.  It will almost be like having CFA without spending so much money.  We had the Frosted Lemonade with our breakfast this morning and all three of my kids loved it!  




No comments